Monday, November 19, 2012

Research Strategy

For my Secondary Analysis of polygamy, I will utilize a range of resources to document the change in societies opinion and acceptance of polygamy in the United States. I will limit my search on this change to the information that has been gathered since 1912 (a century). I will begin my secondary analysis by using websites to see exactly when this change occurred and will hopefully gather a list of set dates or years in which thinking on polygamy changed. I expect these dates to center upon important supreme court cases regarding polygamy, protests in the United States, and public figures speaking out on the topic. From there, I will use these dates to get more in depth information from New York times, the Washington Post, and USA Today regarding the public's opinion on these specific times. I will look for supplemental information in the supreme court online records and other reliable websites or historical records. I hope that this method of gathering research will help me to find how exactly the country has grown to accept or reject polygamy over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment