Friday, November 30, 2012

Research Update

Over the past week and a half, I have not had a particular abundance of time to research polygamy through the past century. I have done some general research about the topic and have found that societies view of polygamy has, in fact, change through the years but does not seem to have changed as much as I expected. Although people have become more accustomed to polygamy and society in general has become more open about controversial topics (sexual orientation, domestic violence etc.), I have found that there is not that much dialogue on the topic of polygamy in the regular social scene. I have found some court cases concerning polygamous families (generally in Utah and Colorado) and I also think I might try to watch some episodes of the TV series Big Love.  I plan to look for more court cases from other states and regions of the country and will them compare them and sort them chronologically. I think that I am off to a good start and look forward to where my research will take me in the upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment