Sunday, December 9, 2012

Research Update

Thankfully, over the past week I have had more time to do the research for my polygamy project. I have found a lot of boring facts about how the concept of polygamy began and several legal documents detailing its illegality in the US. I have also begun to notice that the mormon people, those who practice polygamy the most openly and therefore are the basis of my research on polygamy in the US, are very stubborn and rebellious people. I have realized that whenever there is a law passed about banning polygamy, the mormon polygamists counter it with by passing a law within there own church supporting the act. It is almost as though the group is intentionally trying to rebel against the US rather than simply supporting their religion. I plan to look deeper into this aspect and see if I can compare the laws passed by the US government to those passed by the Mormon church.

No comments:

Post a Comment